At Five Star we take our role as environmental stewards seriously. Our focus is creating high quality turf lawns for future generations. It also means conserving our natural resources and reducing our carbon footprint.
Installing a synthetic field in your community can save up to 1,000,000 gallons of water a year. The impact of a Turf field is felt Across America – Consider this: With over 4,000 playing fields saving an average of 1,000,000 gallons of water per year, Synthetic turf is helping America save close to 4 billion gallons of water per year.
A POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION TO THE ENVIRONMENT
When it comes to carbon footprints, there’s simply no comparison between natural grass and 5 star synthetic turf grass. By making the change you’re becoming part of an environmental movement that not only saves clean drinking water, but also:
- Eliminates impact on water resources, saving billions of gallons of water each year
- Eliminates the use of billions of pounds of chemicals
- Removes millions of tires from landfill sites each year
- Significantly lowers the use of natural gas and other fossil fuels
- Eliminates fuel-powered mowing, aerating, and re-seeding
- Eliminates grass clippings
- Can contribute toward numerous Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) credits
Synthetic Turf RECYCLING
Our turf is 100% recyclable. When an installation finally comes to the end of its long life – it continues to help our planet. After removal, old turf fields can now be turned into new turf infill and backing, as well as other products, such as crude oil, custom bi-products and artificial lumber.
PROVEN SAFE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
The environmental benefits of artificial grass have been well documented for years. Hundreds of studies have been completed to discover the truth about any potential risks of artificial turf.
Government health ministries, Green NGO’s universities and independent scientific committees around the world have commissioned extensive research – and each time artificial turf has been found to be safe.